Anita Magdalena

Anita Magdalena

Sunday, 9 September 2012

When The Line Is Crossed


Poem by Anita Magdalena....

When The Line Is Crossed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My hopes were dashed against stone cold reality
and I wrote them down in invisible ink so no one 
could read me or ever know what goes on inside


I turned my back on all of the faces that watched me
when I found the door I closed it and left them behind
they never truly cared or maybe it was me that didn't


I stopped and became silence until ears became deaf
it was so much easier when people started to forget
while I forever remember those stinging memories


Whatever happened to the softness I longed to feel
maybe it's still being made in my world of make believe
where imagination is the only company I want to keep


I never said I wanted the world or ever thought it owed me
I just wanted to be me without someone trying to change the
channel that I chose from my own conscience to broadcast


I guess I came with a "you can own me" stamped on my ass
just the impression I get from the manipulation I freely accepted
people like to cross the line like it's a game of I don't give a fuck


I moved that line until they could not see it as I pulled it tight
I watched them fall flat on their face choking on their ignorance

*

*
*
*
*
*
*




No comments:

Post a Comment