Anita Magdalena

Anita Magdalena

Saturday, 19 May 2012

My Demons Cry



Poem written by Anita Magdalena......

My Demons Cry
-----------------------





Flightless for so long 
clipped wings of my own doing 
plucked out my feathers to give me pain 
Scars leave a story in Braille 
Cryptic in unknown text 
symbols that only I can translate 





My demons cry for release 
from the prison that I lock them in 
they shake the foundations of my soul 
At times 
I just choke them back with each gulp 
until they are silenced and still 





I shall choose with each breath 
that forges the direction of my 
forward motion in loose fitting shoes 
Transition like a chrysalis waiting 
enveloped in pain as butterflies cry 
rainbow rivers that crystallize on stone 





Vervain in drifts catches my senses 
I follow its stroke as it entices me 
Distraction can take your feet unknowingly 
to a place you did not want to end up 
to backward and thoughtless choices 
And my demons cry for release 
as they shake the foundations of my soul 


*

*

*
*
*
*
*

No comments:

Post a Comment