Anita Magdalena

Anita Magdalena

Monday, 28 March 2011

Devil On My Tail

Picture by Anne Stokes
Poem Written By Anita Magdalena...

Devil On My Tail
---------------


Music pumping through my head
Visions clear not ever dead
Throttle fast watch me sail
No time the Devil is on my tail

Heart is racing an adrenalin burst
Ever faster satisfy my thirst
Feed my hunger let all go
Race the wind no fear I show

Breathless gasping I need to feel
The power of this cold hard steel
Ride the wind and let me sail
The Devil is closer he is on my tail

One full turn power roar
Out of sight forever more
He will never catch me I never fail
To outrun that Devil on my tail

19/03/2010

---------------
----------
-----
--




8 comments:

  1. wow...I am normally not a fan of rhyme, but this piece pulled it off so well. what a dark ominous tone to it all, I really friggin dig it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Schirling, much appreciated.

    Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you kindly TF. :)

    Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful poem, nice concept and composition, well laid out and lovely choice of words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the devil will always be there...so keep the throttle down...nice rhyme scheme keeping this moving...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ride lady, the devil won't catch you. Read a few of your wroks now and really enjoyed the story that you presented to us here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. vroom vroom...the piece races as do the thoughts at 90 rpm...rhymes per minute

    Peace, hp

    ReplyDelete